Tuesday 10 June 2014

Becoming an IOF Trustee - third time lucky!


This is the third time in a row I have put myself forward to be a Trustee of the Institute of Fundraising (IOF). 

Third time lucky hopefully :-)

So why have I decided to stand again, despite being unsuccessful for the last two years? Here are a few reasons.

-         I really am passionate about fundraising and to its development through the IOF. Standing again proves my commitment to this. I’m not in it for the glory, or for having this on my CV. I want to shape the future of fundraising and the future of fundraisers.  I do believe in developing the profession of fundraising and ourselves as fundraisers. 

I     I want to be a new face on the Board and really feel I can offer the engagement and representation that fundraisers across the sector need, and demand. I am a fundraiser – I do it, day in and day out. 

-          As I said in my nomination, all too often I talk to fundraisers who are frustrated by a lack of representation of people like them. People like me. I agree. By putting myself forward as a Trustee at the IOF I can assure you that I will listen and champion ideas on how fundraising should, and could, be developed.

-          I am not afraid to challenge or debate, and will fight for what I believe. If you want someone who will stand up and stand behind what they say, then I will do that. If that means ruffling a few feathers on the way – then so be it. Anyone who knows me will know that I will always push the Institute to work hard to deliver what is best for us as fundraisers, in terms of policy, training and advocacy.

So just a few thoughts. If I’m not successful, I’ll probably stand again. This is important and is not something I take lightly.

Thank you

Danielle Atkinson
Head of Public Fundraising at Breast Cancer Campaign


No comments:

Post a Comment